Click here to access our waiting list online.
Enrolment can occur year-round depending on availability, however as a not for profit preschool our aim is always to fill all positions before the start of the new preschool year.
Typically the enrolment process begins well in advance of the year you wish your child to start, for example communication about enrolments for 2022 begins around term 2 of 2021, so it is highly recommended that families register their interest by submitting a waiting list as early as possible.
Preschool attendance pattern
Our Preschool receives funding under the Start Strong program from the NSW State Government as an approved community preschool. Start Strong aims to improve affordability of early childhood education and increase the number of children participating for 600 hours in a quality early childhood education program in the year before school (600 hours/year equates to 15 hours/week). Underpinning this is research showing that children who participate in quality early childhood education in the year before school are more likely to start school equipped with the social, cognitive and emotional skills they need to engage in learning.
At our preschool, 4 year old children and families with a low income or health care card are offered a 2 day enrolment giving them access to 16 hours/week. It is important to note that a child is deemed to be a 4 year old from the beginning of a preschool year if their 4th birthday falls before 31st July. We also have limited single day enrolment positions which we offer to 3 year old children. 3 year old child will then progress to 2 days/week the following year.
To take full advantage of the funding model and give as many children as possible access to preschool, we have structured enrolment patterns on a 2 day/week format to enable 2 groups of children across the week to access the Start Strong program’s 600 hours in the year before school, as well as maximising our funding to in turn keep daily preschool fees as low as possible.
|Security Deposit||$150||A once only fee, refundable upon leaving with fees paid in full.|
|Annual Association Fee||$20||Annual fee added to your first invoice.|
|Unfunded Fee||$50/day||For all 3 year olds attending only 1 day per week.|
|Funded Fee||$160/fortnight||For all 4 year olds attending 2 days per week.|
|Low Income, Pension & Health Care Card Holders||$135/fortnight||A priority group. For all ages attending 2 days per week.|
|Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander||$135/fortnight||A priority group. For all ages attending 2 days per week.|
Procedures for payment of fees
- Fees are payable two weeks in advance at the beginning of Term 1. Then fortnightly in advance for the remainder of the year. Fees may also be paid by the term if you wish.
Fees are payable for all holidays taken during school term. Fees are not charged for gazetted school holidays.
Fees may be waived for serious illness, or prolonged hospital treatment, at the discretion of the Committee, on receipt of written notification with a Doctor’s certificate attached.
Fees in 2019 with the ‘Start Strong’ funding rebate applied will be set at the following amounts;
- 4 year old children attending a 5 day fortnight with a Low Income Family Health Care Card or of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent $25 per day with ‘Start Strong’ rebate applied.
- 4 year old children attending a 5 day fortnight $30 per day with ‘Start Strong’rebate applied.
- 3 year old children attending a 5 day fortnight with a Low Income Family Health Care card or of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent $30 per day with ‘Start Strong’rebate applied.
- 3 and 4 year old children attending 1 day per week $48 per day with no ‘Start Strong’rebate applied. The NSW government will NOT provide funding for families of 3 or 4 year old children who are enrolled for only ONE (1) day attendance per week.
- In addition to the attendance fees, families are required to pay an Equipmant Levy of $15.00 per family per term, Fundraising Levy of $5.00 per family per term and a Membership to Preschool Association fee of $20.00 per family per year.
- Springwood Preschool is a CASH FREE service. Fees are to be paid by Direct Debit Authority from either a bank account or Credit card and can be set up through your Hubworks enrolment page. A receipt will be issued for all monies paid, these will be emailed where possible or placed in the Parent Files in the blue and green boxes in the foyer and we ask that you collect them on a regular basis.
- If your child is leaving preschool, notice in writing must be given two (2) weeks in advance, or two (2) weeks fees will be charged in lieu of notice.
- Under the Governments new Child Care Package, CCB is no longer applicable in Preschool.
- If you are experiencing any difficulties in the payment of fees at any time throughout the year, please feel free to come and discuss them with us. You will not know if we can help, unless you ask.
- Login to Hubworks at anytime to view your Fee Status using your Parent Username and Password (please contact the office if you need your login details sent to you) springwood.hubworks.com.au
Our Enrolment Process
– some amendments are currently in place due to Covid safe procedures.
- Place your child on the waitlist
- Attend annual Open Day at the end of August or arrange for a visit to our preschool.
- Receive either an email or phone call for enrolment preference of days (this will usually occur midyear for the following year).
- You will then be contacted with an offer of enrolment detailing class, days of enrolment and start date.
- All enrolment paper work is required by end of term 3 for the new year.
- Attend orientation session, where preschool clothing can be purchased.
- During orientation teachers may discuss with families if further orientations may be needed to provide support if required.
- At the end of the preschool year all new families will receive a “social story” to help children familiarise themselves with their new class and teachers.
- Keep an eye out for emails to help set up fee schedules for the new year.
Children attending Springwood Preschool are guided to play and learn in creative and stimulating indoor and outdoor environments. In 2016 we embedded Bush Play into our curriculum. We are very fortunate to have accessible bush trails for the children to explore and learn using a different medium.
At Springwood Preschool we believe in the value of play and that children learn best when engaged in meaningful play‐based experiences, every day in our preschool, families see children engaged in unhurried, uninterrupted play experiences that support their ideas, interests, learning through open ended environments. We believe that all children are capable learners and come with a sense of agency, every day in our preschool you will see children co‐constructing learning with educators and peers with opportunities to enquire, experiment, take risks, have a voice and celebrate their individual achievements.
ECEC Quality Rating
NSW Quality Ratings Certificate
The NSW Children’s Education and Care Quality Ratings Certificate provides user-friendly information.
The coloured star graphic gives ‘at-a-glance’ information to inform family choices about a service.
Services are given a clear view of their National Quality Ratings in all areas, which promotes discussion on continuous quality improvement.
Currently amended due to Covid safe procedures.
Open Day is a great opportunity for families to come along and meet our friendly staff and see our extensive range of resources and high quality educational programs. Open Day is usually held each August on a Saturday. Everyone is welcome and families on our waiting list will be emailed an invitation to join us.
On the day families can enjoy a sausage sizzle, cake stall, face painting and explore our amazing outdoor play area.